I'm back! And Wishes is Leaving....

So... I didn't do a good job at keeping up with my vlogging while down in Florida. It's been.... 3 1/2 years. Wow. I've decided I want to continue to blog about Disney (AND Universal). The knowledge I gained while living down in Florida was... amazing. I can answer pretty much anything about either park.

What got me back on this blog?

Wishes.

Wishes is leaving.

Me and my now WIFE took a special trip down to Florida two weekends ago to see Wishes one last time before it's final performance next week. It was special... and it lit the Disney fire inside me again. We're going back down to Florida for Memorial Day weekend... but this time we're staying and enjoying Universal Studios.

So... Wishes. What does it mean to me?

While on my final Disney College Program I had the pleasure? of working on Main Street USA. It wasn't the best experience, but at the same time... I loved it. I mean... I was working inside Magic Kingdom. I was working at the heart of it all. The management sucked, the hours sucked, I felt I was treated like total shit... but I made the BEST friends. That's the amazing thing about the Disney College Program... You can have some serious negatives to your workplace... but in the end, the friends you make are worth it. They are worth every agonizing closing shift until 4am. They are worth every annoying shift in the Confectionary. They are worth the crappy shifts where your horrible "area manager" is walking around all day. Also... the best part of the day (and of a closing shift) was watching Wishes. Wishes gives you hope. It makes you happy. It makes you cry. It makes you smile. It gives you butterflies. It gives you goosebumps. And watching people see it for the first time every single night.. was magical.

I'll share some photos with you from the final time me and my wife got to see it.











I'm going to work on daily blog posts hopefully. We'll see what I come up with tomorrow! 😁

Comments

Popular Posts