Walt Disney World College Program

Hello everyone!

My name is Megan and I just recently applied for the Walt Disney World College Program.  I've been searching through message boards and what not and having a blog and a vlog seem popular to do... so here I am! Blogging away! I don't have too much to say since I haven't exactly been accepted yet so I'll just do a brief little overview of how things have gone so far. :)

The Presentation - I got there just in time, even though my intention was to be early. It was pouring outside so I decided to drive to the rec center, but parking wasn't easy to come by. I signed in, and took a sticker with Mickey on it of course, and then sat right in the front way. I'd been to the meeting before just out of interest, so I knew what to expect. The cheesy videos and the trivia. It was all good fun though. :)

The Application/Web-based Interview - I was nervous for this because I would have felt really upset if I hadn't gotten the phone interview... but I answered the questions honestly, while still keeping in mind that Disney wants someone who is all about TEAMWORK, being kind, being friendly, being timely, etc.  Once I finished the web-based interview it told me I was a 'strong candidate' and that I got a phone interview!

The Phone Interview - I called the next morning right at 8:30 to schedule an appointment and got one for the next day. Let me tell you... waiting for them to call you is painful. I was so nervous, even if I had no reason to be. Prepare an answer for 'Why do you want to work for Disney?' and you'll be good. Some other ones I got were... What is your favorite park? And ride? Can you comply with the Disney Look? You'll be paid minimum wage... are you okay with that? What are some challenges you'll find with the housing?, etc... It wasn't bad though! The lady was super, super nice.

I have high hopes for getting in... but I'm desperately trying not to get my heart set on it, which is basically impossible.

Thanks for listening! I'll blog again soon. :)

Comments

Popular Posts